Feel Better Naturally
Experience the benefits of drug-free pain relief, acupuncture treatment to promote health and healing, or treatments to enhance quality of life through management of chronic ailments, inflammation, or stress response. Acupuncture could be the catalyst for change in your system that you need to enhance you body's natural healing abilities. It has worked for literally billions of people over centuries of use and it can work for you too!
Sandra Wilkes provides safe, individualized acupuncture treatments to effectively address your needs. She has a four-year post graduate degree in Oriental Medicine (OM) and is nationally certified through NCCAOM, as well as a licensed Doctor of Oriental Medicine (New Mexico) and Licensed Acupuncturist (Missouri). Kansas just passed the Kansas Acupuncture Practice Act, so that license is coming soon!
Sandra Wilkes on why I chose acupuncture:
"It is my joy to introduce you to the health benefits of acupuncture and OM care. It changed my life; when I was unable to recover fully after a severe illness, acupuncture returned my life to me! I want to share that same amazement, and feeling of gratitude for improving health, with you. You may be surprised at the good health and healing your body is capable of with a little help from acupuncture and OM treatments!"
Call for an appointment today. (913) 897-1100
6885 W. 151st St. #102
Overland Park, KS 66223
Testimonials:(See Google Reviews)
For 30 years or more, I've had a problem with arthritic bone structure... about twice a year the muscles go into spasm causing acute pain which sometimes I can catch it with drugs. If not I have physical therapy 10-12 treatments. I'm visiting in Kansas and had a terrible acute attack that was a steady pain for days and my family suggested acupuncture.
After ONE treatment, the steady acute pain was gone! I was a little light-headed that afternoon and that evening a slight ache above the shoulder. I couldn't believe it! The next day, I had NO pain, didn't need pain killers, and the following day after that my second treatment, NO pain just tender spots... I'm amazed at what acupuncture has done for me.
Katherine J. Owen 1/10/15
At some point during my college soccer career I fractured my fibular sesmoid in my right foot. I saw a total of 5 different doctors, had nearly 50 x-rays and a CT scan before finally deciding the bone was not going to heal, even from a bone stimulator machine.
In December 2013 I had the bone removed. They told me that it would be very difficult to continue playing soccer because of the pain I was bound to have. I May I got released to begin working out again. I was so excited to start training again after being out for a total of 16 months. As I began pushing myself harder and started losing range of motion so I started physical therapy to help get that back but he pain was still constant. I had tried everything so I thought "Why not? I'll try acupuncture." I did 3 sessions and was in shock. Nothing else has worked to help the pain like acupuncture. I wish I would have done it sooner! I'm 1 year post-op and still have very minimal pain and was successfully able to keep playing college soccer!
Jadyn Flores 1/16/15
I came to Sandra with chronic digestive issues after trying several medicines and seeing a specialist. Sandra was thorough in her initial consultation and put me at ease about trying acupuncture. I noticed a difference in how I felt after the first time. It took about eight appointments for us to completely restore my health but I'd been trying for over three months previously with compounding problems before coming to Blue Valley Acupuncture. I have been pleasantly surprised and actually look forward to each treatment. Thank you Sandra! I will be happy to refer my friends.
Heather Snodgrass 3/2/16
I would highly recommend Sandra Wilkes for acupuncture. Over the years I have tried several different acupuncturists in this area and I find her very knowledgeable with an excellent bedside manner. I also really like the way Sandra takes the time to explain what she is doing. You never get the feeling that she is in a hurry.
Janalea Hoffman 12/2011
Just a note to list my results with Sandra Wilkes. I went to her initially for a constant and irritating pain in my shoulder. In addition to resolving the shoulder pain there have been other improvements:
Objective results: My pulse rate dropped substantially. Before treatment average was around 95 to 98 - after treatment the range was from 70 to 80.
Blood Pressure (which has been high for the last few years) dropped. Before treatment it averaged from 142 to 155 Systolic and 95 to 98 Diastolic and went to an average of 126 over 70. Diastolic lately has never been below 89.
The last 3 nights, I have slept till 4:30 in the morning, for the last year or so, I was waking up around 2 am all the time.
Subjective results: improved positive attitude, more energy, less joint pain, by a lot, better digestion, ability to take a full breath.
Based on these results, I think Sandy is a miracle worker and absolutely
appreciate her knowledge and expertise and what it has done for my
NJ - Shawnee Mission, KS 4/15
Acupuncture Recommendations from the World Health Organization
WHO Official Position
In 2003 World Health Organization published a report about clinical trials researching the effectiveness of acupuncture. More than one hundred indication were discussed and divided into four groups concerning the strength of existing evidence.
Diseases, symptoms or conditions for which acupuncture has been proved – through controlled trials—to be an effective treatment:
- Adverse Reactions to Radiotherapy and/or Chemotherapy
- Allergic Rhinitis (Including Hay Fever)
- Biliary Colic
- Depression (Including Depressive Neurosis and Depression Following Stroke)
- Dysentery, acute bacillary
- Dysmenorrhoea, primary
- Epigastralgia, acute (in Peptic Ulcer, Acute and Chronic Gastritis, and Gastrospasm)
- Facial pain (Including Craniomandibular Disorders)
- Hypertension (Essential)
- Hypotension (Primary)
- Induction of Labor
- Knee Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Malposition of Fetus (Correction of)
- Morning Sickness
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Neck Pain
- Pain in Dentistry (Including Dental Pain and Temporomandibular Dysfunction)
- Periarthritis of Shoulder
- Postoperative Pain
- Renal Colic
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Tennis Elbow
Diseases, symptoms or conditions for which the therapeutic effect of acupuncture has been shown but for which further proof is needed:
- Abdominal Pain (in Acute Gastroenteritis or due to Gastrointestinal Spasm)
- Acne Vulgaris
- Alcohol Dependence and Detoxification
- Bell's Palsy
- Bronchial Asthma
- Cancer Pain
- Cardiac Neurosis
- Cholecystitis (Chronic, with Acute Exacerbation)
- Competition Stress Syndrome
- Craniocerebral Injury (Closed)
- Diabetes Mellitus (Non-Insulin-Dependent)
- Epidemic Haemorrhagic Fever
- Epistaxis, Simple (Without Generalized or Local Disease)
- Eye Pain due to Subconjunctival Injection
- Female Infertility
- Facial Spasm
- Female Urethral Syndrome
- Fibromyalgia and Fasciitis
- Gastrokinetic Disturbance
- Gouty Arthritis
- Hepatitis B Virus Carrier Status
- Herpes Zoster [Human (Alpha) Herpesvirus 3]
- Labour Pain
- Lactation (Deficiency)
- Male Sexual Dysfunction (Non-Organic)
- Ménière Disease
- Neuralgia (Post-Herpetic)
- Opium, Cocaine and Heroin Dependence
- Pain due to Endoscopic Examination
- Pain in Thromboangiitis Obliterans
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (Stein–Leventhal Syndrome)
- Postextubation in Children
- Postoperative Convalescence
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Prostatitis, Chronic
- Radicular and Pseudoradicular Pain Syndrome
- Raynaud Syndrome (Primary)
- Recurrent Lower Urinary-Tract Infection
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Retention of Urine (Traumatic)
- Sialism (Drug-Induced)
- Sjögren Syndrome
- Sore Throat (Including Tonsillitis)
- Spine Pain, Acute
- Stiff Neck
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
- Tietze Syndrome
- Tobacco Dependence
- Tourette Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis (Chronic)
- Vascular Dementia
- Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
Diseases, symptoms or conditions for which there are only individual controlled trials reporting some therapeutic effects, but for which acupuncture is worth trying because treatment by conventional and other therapies is difficult:
- Choroidopathy (Central Serous)
- Colour Blindness
- Irritable Colon Syndrome
- Neuropathic Bladder in Spinal Cord Injury
- Pulmonary Heart Disease, Chronic
- Small Airway Obstruction
Source: World Health Organization