What is Hand Therapy?
Hand therapy addresses injuries and conditions of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder.
Our hand therapists work closely with patients and physicians to provide a continuum of care. Treatment continues until the patient has returned to work and/or to meaningful daily activities.
Evaluation and Treatment may include:
- Edema management
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Scar and soft tissue mobilization
- Customized orthosis fabrication
- Desensitization and sensory re-education
- Range of motion and strengthening exercises
- Manual Therapy
- Home Program Instruction
- Joint Protection
- Traumatic injuries
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sports injuries
- Tennis elbow and other types of tendonitis
- Carpal tunnel and other nerve entrapment disorders
- Repetitive motion injuries