Melissa Church, MS, PT, CGFI | Physical Therapist
Melissa has been with BVPT since 2003 and she is now the director of our clinic at 119th and Quivira. Melissa is an outstanding physical therapist who has a real passion for restoring health and function to peoples lives. She loves treating a variety of diagnoses and looks forward to challenging cases. Melissa believes in a comprehensive rehabilitation program involving educating the patient and together working to improve their quality of life. Melissa puts extra effort in diagnosing the problem, developing strategies to alleviate pain, and preventing future injury.
Melissa is also level 2 Graston certified.
Her patients would describe her as efficient, knowledgeable, sincere, hard working, and passionate about her job. Melissa is also one of the leaders in charge of organizing our benefit race, The Paulina Cooper Dot-to-Dot 10K & 5K Run/Walk. This race, which raises money for pediatric brain tumor research, takes place every year in September in Corporate Woods, and it is put on in memory of Paulina, our BVPT owner Ann Todd-Cooper's daughter.
Melissa's hobbies include spending time with her family and friends, snow skiing, golfing, supporting the KC Royals and Chiefs, and just trying to keep up with her young twin boys.
- 1998: Master's of Physical Therapy Degree from Wichita State University
- 1995: BS in Psychology from Emporia State University
My special training and areas of interest include:
- Titleist Certified Golf Fitness Instructor – Level II (CGFI-II)
- Creating Custom Orthotics and the biomechanics of the foot
- Ola Grimsby Institute Manual Therapy Courses
- Gary Gray Institute Functional Training
- Medicare patients and post operative patients and as a former collegiate basketball player, I enjoy working with athletes and sports medicine injuries
- Graston Certified